Adult Day Program
Holland Center Offerings
Not quite 18 years of age yet and therefore not ready for Holland Life Offerings? The two Holland Center locations offer some incredible, life-changing therapies for pediatric individuals on the Autism spectrum.
ABA Therapy (Pediatrics Only)
Holland Center (in both Minnetonka and Vadnais Heights now) offers intensive behavior therapy to children with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder that range in age from toddlers who are 18 months old to individuals who are up to 18 years old. Children with autism receive one-to-one instruction based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and B. F. Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior. ABA services include assessment to determine a learner’s present level of performance, the determination of appropriate goals and objectives based on those assessments, and instruction utilizing the research-based methods of ABA and verbal behavior found to be effective at improving the symptoms of autism. Goals and objectives address communication, social skills, play skills, cooperation, safety skills, daily living skills, vocational skills, and classroom readiness skills. Instruction utilizes effective data recording methods and programming decisions are guided by learner’s performance. All therapy is supervised by a team of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) who conduct assessments, develop programming, and supervise treatment.
Psychological Evaluation…. Psychological Testing…. Diagnostic Assessment… Which one is it and What’s the difference? The above three terms are often used interchangeably and essentially mean the same thing. Holland Center offers psychological evaluations/diagnostic assessments to evaluate whether someone may have Autism Spectrum Disorder. We provide initial diagnosis, second opinions, and alternative diagnoses to ASD. You can obtain an assessment in 5 easy steps:
1) Submit an intake application packet with all supplemental materials included (ALL past psychological evaluations/diagnostic assessments, IEP evals and plans, most recent speech eval/plan, most recent treatment plan and behavior plan if receiving services elsewhere, any other relevant supporting documentation) to the intake coordinator.
2) Schedule your appointment. Our intake coordinator will contact you once all documentation has been received and reviewed to schedule a testing session. The assessment is conducted across 2 separate days within the same week on Tuesdays from 9am – 12pm and on Thursdays from 1pm – 4pm.
3) Arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early on your scheduled assessment date to complete necessary paperwork. Testing will be completed over the course of both assessment dates.
4) Interview with the examiner. In addition to an interview with the parents, the following tests may be used with your child:
Cognitive: WISC-V, WPPSI-IV, MSEL, TONI-4, CTONI-2
Speech: TELD, PLS-5, FCP-R, CELF-5, CASL
Autism: ADOS-2, ADI-R, SCQ
5) Feedback will be provided once the report is completed, which typically will last about 1 hour. You will receive the completed written report of your child’s assessment and results will be discussed with your family. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions regarding your child’s diagnosis and steps to take to obtain services for them. You will be provided with information about available services within the community that are available to meet your child’s needs.
Holland Center offers consulting services to families, school districts, and treatment centers across the United States and abroad.
Holland Center offers consulting services for the following purposes:
• Assessment to determine a person’s present level of performance in important skill areas
• Teach a person to cooperate with instructional demands and to communicate expressively
• Determination of the most effective teaching procedures to increase a person’s skill acquisition
• Treatment of a person using the methods of effective teaching found in the literature of applied behavior analysis (ABA)
• Facilitate the transfer of these procedures across all relevant environments (i.e., school, home, therapy)
Consultation will include:
Speech and Language Therapy
In addition to supporting the speech and language needs of Holland Center students, our Speech Language Pathology department offers outpatient speech and language services to people not receiving ABA/VB services at Holland Center. The licensed Speech Language Pathologists at Holland have experience with people diagnosed with a variety of developmental disorders, chromosomal abnormalities, speech and language delays, articulation delays, as well as Autism Spectrum Disorders.
As a result of the collaboration between the Speech Department and the Behavioral Therapy Department at Holland Center, we are able to make our speech services available to people who may demonstrate a variety of challenging behaviors. Each of the Speech Pathologists has a history of servicing a variety of people in both a private clinical setting as well as a school environment.
Speech and Language Treatment may focus on a variety of skills, including but not limited to:
• Articulation Skills
• Language Skills
• Conversational Skills
• Motor Speech Disorders
• Oral Motor Issues
• Social and Pragmatic Issues
Our Occupational Therapists collaborate with the ABA behavior therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, and Bio Medical staff to create and implement an individualized treatment plan for each client. In addition to supporting the needs of Holland Center students, our Occupational Therapy department offers outpatient Occupational Therapy services to people not receiving ABA/VB services at Holland Center. The licensed Occupational Therapists at Holland have experience with people diagnosed with a variety of developmental disorders, chromosomal abnormalities, motor delays, sensory processing difficulties, feeding difficulties, as well as Autism Spectrum Disorders.
As a result of the collaboration between the Occupational Therapy Department and the Behavioral Therapy Department at Holland Center, we are able to make our services available to people who may demonstrate a variety of challenging behaviors.
Occupational Therapy Treatment may focus on a variety of skills, including but not limited to:
• Fine motor skills
• Gross motor skills
• Visual-motor skills
• Self-care skills
• Sensory integration
• Play and leisure skills
Holland Biomedical Clinic offers services and consulting at our location in Minnetonka, MN.
Holland Biomedical Clinic offers the following services:
• Functional Nutrition
• Functional Medicine
• Functional Lab Testing
• Health Coaching
• Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
• Microcurrent Therapy